We are looking for motivated students, PhD students and scientists in the following research areas:
- Modeling polymer materials (Quantum chemistry, molecular dynamics, FEM)
- Synthesis and design of electroactive polymer materials and actuators.
- Physical and chemical characterization of polymer materials.
- Cyclic flow-electrode capacitor development
- Electromechanical characterization and validation of electroactive polymer actuators and sensors.
- Electromecahnical modelling of EAP materials (FEM, Electromechanicalmodels)
- Radiation damage of materials
- Biologially inspired robotics
- Image processing
- Applications of robotics
PhD Position in Bioinspired Variable-Stiffness Textiles for Soft Robots (# of pos: 2)
- University of Tartu
- Research Field
- Chemistry › Instrumental techniques, Engineering › Materials engineering, Physics › Applied physics
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- 09/02/2020 21:00 - Europe/Athens
- Type Of Contract
- Hours Per Week
- Job Status
- Education Level
- Physics: Master Degree or equivalent
Chemistry: Master Degree or equivalent Engineering: Master Degree or equivalent Biological sciences: Master Degree or equivalent Technology: Master Degree or equivalent
- ENGLISH: ExcellentSee the offer on Euraxess website.
We offer a 4-year PhD position in Bioinspired Variable-Stiffness Textiles for Soft Robots. This project aims to develop a variable-stiffness material that finds application in wearable textile-integrated solutions for healthcare and medicine. The Doctoral Candidate transfers the stiffness variation mechanisms found in natural cells and tissues to a textile platform. The electrochemically controlled variable-stiffness textile conforms to human bodies and demonstrates high level of safety, enabling devices in direct physical contact to humans.